Official Rules – Adults
Age Categories: Adults ages 13+
- Southern Vermont Idol is an amateur singing competition, offering $1500 cash to the grand-prize winner, $750 cash to the second place winner, $500 cash to the third place winner and $250 cash to the fourth place winner. The competition will take place at the Bellows Falls Opera House, 7 the Square, Downtown Bellows Falls, Vermont on July 6, 13, 23, 30 and August 4, 2017. For the purposes of this event, “amateur” is defined as a person who engages in singing occasionally, paid or unpaid, rather than as a sole profession.
- Paying a $30 registration fee entitles performer to one opportunity to audition. Contestants may audition twice, on June 15 and June 17, by paying an additional registration fee. The higher score will be counted.
- Contestants will perform one full song of their choice. Bring your own CD, email MP3 with advance paid registration to firstname.lastname@example.org, perform acapella or accompany with an instrument.
- The $30 registration fee is not refundable if a contestant fails to show up for any night of competition. If a contestant does not show up for a night of competition, s/he will be automatically eliminated from the contest unless extenuating circumstances prevail as determined by Southern Vermont Idol Producers.
- How Contestants are Chosen to Compete: Audience votes will count for 50% of the total score. Judge’s vote counts for remaining 50%
- Elimination rounds will be held on Saturday, July 6, 13, 23, 30, and the finale will be held on FRIDAY, August 4th.
- Contestant scores during the event are determined by Judges’ votes @50% and audience votes @50%. Each week scores will be compiled to determine which contestants advance to the next elimination round.
- Contestants must make a commitment to participate in weekly elimination rounds until they are eliminated.
- Any contestant using foul language, or otherwise demonstrating poor sportsmanship in the opinion of Southern Vermont Idol Producers, or found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, may be eliminated from the competition at the discretion of the Producers.
- The cash-prize winners are responsible for payment of taxes on cash prizes.
- The IDOL competition may be discontinued without notice if world events or the national mood so warrant. The adult competition is open to any U.S. citizen age 13 and older.
Advance reservations strongly urged. Tickets coming soon!
CONDUCT GUIDELINES FOR CONTESTANTS
The following guidelines represent expectations around the personal behavior of all adults involved in Southern Vermont IDOL.
-Please ensure that members of the public walk away with a good impression of contestants, guests and volunteers. The producers of Southern Vermont IDOL insist upon proper public decorum as spelled out below.
Alcohol abuse will not be tolerated.
If the behavior of a contestant or production staff member is negatively impacted due to excessive alcohol consumption s/he will be asked to end their involvement in the event immediately.
Crude language will not be allowed.
Swearing, vulgar comments, or disagreeable conversation is not appropriate in this public forum, either from the stage or the floor, and will not be tolerated.
Publicly-made derogatory comments relating to a person’s sexual orientation, medical condition, personal religious beliefs, size, physical handicap, nationality, or any other matter that is not the business of this talent competition is absolutely OFF-LIMITS to those persons who interact with contestants and one another.
This includes jokes, observations and banter from the floor or from the stage.
Southern Vermont IDOL Producers reserve the right to ask individuals who violate these rules to leave the premises immediately.